Woman Development and Mahila Takrar nivaran Committee
“Educate a man and you educate an individual. Educate a woman and you educate a family.” SLRTCE’s Women’s Development Cell endeavours to empower women and at creating wider gender sensitivity so as to facilitate a congenial working environment. Its objective is to create awareness among women employees so that they are not subjected to gender-specific discrimination or sexual harassment and ensure that their fundamental rights (provided by the Constitution of India) are not violated.
- To prevent sexual harassment and to promote general well-being of female students, teaching and non-teaching women staff of SLRTCE.
- To create social awareness about the problems of women and in particular regarding gender discrimination.
- To encourage participation of NGOs working in the area of women’s development in the activities of the Cell.
- To organize seminars, workshops for creating general awareness and orientation of students, teachers, non-teaching staff for their active and sustained participation in the activities of Cell.
Role and Responsibilities
- To organize activities particularly on issues pertaining to ‘Gender Sensitization’, ‘Violence Against Women’ and legal provisions under ‘The Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act, 2013’ , for general awareness and make their campuses adequately gender sensitive.
- To participate in activities organized by the University Women Development Cell (UWDC).
- To prepare and send information about CWDC activities to the UWDC in the form of annual report of CWDC activities for the academic year in the proforma given by MU.
- Arrange training programs for learning alertness and teaching basic self-defence techniques
- Promote the Staff and students to take participation in various programmes organised by UWDC.
- Provide a forum for discussion and interaction with eminent ladies
- Coordinate Women’s Day celebrations
- Organize Seminars on women and Indian culture in matters of dressing, festivals, traditions
- Organize classes for training on recipes, interior decoration other interests among women
- Arrange confidential counselling sessions
- To organize various types of training programmes and create awareness about self-employment schemes for the encouragement of self-reliance among women.
- Any other duties the Director / Principal may assign.