- Conduct of students of SLRTCE is governed by the college policy, student’s code of conduct and the applicable law of the state and the union.
- It is designed to promote the vision and mission of the college and to protect the rights of the students, faculty and staff harmoniously.
- The college grants the democratic privilege to the students with its obligations.
- The college encourages the cultivation of capacity for reasoning and innovation in the pursuit of knowledge with regard for rules as well as dignity and worth of the colleagues.
- The college policy encourages all around growth of personality, communication and ethical behaviour through extra circular and co- circular activities.
- The student is obliged to comply with all rules, regulations and policies of the college and is obligated to disclose truth about the involvement in any disciplinary matter to the appropriate authority.
- It will also prevail in the pending conduct matters even if the student leaves the college.
- The students will be provided expression of their views through representation in the policy making.
- Freedom of expression by word or symbol is also guaranteed as per Constitution of India subject to orderly and harmonious operation in the college.
- This code is applicable equally to students in college, sponsored activities outside the college and to student groups or association.
Ragging is a punishable offence by law and the Supreme Court has issued strict orders to curb the menace of ragging in educational Institutes.
Ragging in all its forms is totally banned in SLRTCE, on all its premises (academic, sports, cafeteria, etc.) whether located within the campus or outside and in all means of transportation of students whether public or private. SLRTCE’s Anti – Ragging Committee governs the prevention of any means of ragging either within or outside the college. During the orientation programs conducted for all newly admitted students, it is clearly announced that no act of ragging will be tolerated and notices for redressal of grievances (if any) have been displayed at prominent places. There have been no incidents of ragging at SLRTCE till date.
In addition to being a valuable asset of the College, every student is also its brand ambassador. The conduct, behaviour and the personal appearance of the student reflects on him as well as the College. Thus, it is important for all students to understand and follow the defined code of dressing as given below:
Formal wear is encouraged for all students and is mandatory during practical exams, viva voce, student presentations, guest lectures and other formal academic events. For boys the dress code is a neatly ironed, light coloured, full-sleeved shirt paired with trousers and polished shoes. For girls the dress code is shirt or blouse paired with trousers or a formal dress paired with appropriate accessories and footwear.
Students are also free to dress in casual wear which includes jeans and collared T-shirts paired with proper footwear. This excludes faded jeans, low-waist jeans, clothes with cuts or holes, frayed / dirty / wrinkled clothes, track pants / shorts, tube-top dresses, dresses above knee length and slippers. Long hair and visible body piercing is not permitted in case of boys.
Display/Possession of identity cards by all occupants of the campus is mandatory for identification and security reasons.
SLRTCE assigns great importance to the security and well-being of students. Electronic surveillance is a good deterrent to crime. Closed-circuit television (CCTV) cameras are fixed all over the campus at strategic locations. Many of the classrooms are also fitted with CC camera.
SLRTCE has its own Electronic Surveillance policy. The purpose of this policy is to regulate the use of electronic surveillance and recording of public and restricted areas for the purposes of safety and security.
Images and recordings may only be monitored by SLRTCE Officers, staff with responsibility for residence hall security, persons responsible for adjudication of campus code of conduct violations, and other officials as authorized by the chairman of the College. No students may be hired to monitor recordings or images. Staff responsible for installation and maintenance of surveillance equipment may access recordings only to the extent necessary to carry out their duties.
The Institute has an excellent liaison with the local police. They extend all help and cooperation to the Institute and its students. The Institute enjoys a good rapport with the police and has always received their cooperation, guidance and assistance.
- Police personnel have formed an Anti-Ragging Cell at their end which monitors ragging activities if any. However not a single incident of ragging has ever occurred at the Institute and no case has ever been registered against the Institute. The credit for this goes to our constant endeavours to keep vigilance at campus with the assistance of our own staff and security.
- Police contact numbers are prominently displayed in the campus. At times it may be unavoidable for students to seek police help for various reasons. Students can always seek it even with the help of the security officers on campus. The Institute is always ready to provide help to students in distress, along with the police.
- Police officials have conducted many seminars and activities in the campus for the benefit of students.