OBJECTIVES OF ORACLE ACADEMY
- To advance computing education of the students as well as the faculties and increase knowledge, innovation, skills development, and diversity.
- To make the students proficient business analysts, technical experts in structured query language (SQL), and develop essential professional skills including teamwork, project management.
- To make students understand how to write basic Java applications and simple applets that include: code reusability, data encapsulation, dynamically downloadable program units, and architecturally neutral and platform-independent programs.
- To train students to examine business case studies and apply their technical knowledge and professional skills to develop online database applications.
Why Oracle Academy
Benefits of Oracle Academy :
- Free Oracle software licenses and MyOracle Support for teaching and not-for-profit, academic course-and degree-related research.
- A wide variety of engaging online learning resources that can be used by individuals or in a traditional or flipped classroom environment, including Oracle popular Ask the Oracle Experts webcast series and Big Data Science Bootcamps
- Added value with Self-Study courses suitable for use by educators and students like Alice, Greenfoot.
- Modern, hosted, academic full course curriculum in Java, database design, SQL and PL/SQL that is SCORM-compliant and aligned to national, regional, and international standards and Oracle industry certifications.
- An included assessment engine to make student evaluation and grading easy.
- Educator professional development courses delivered in a variety of formats to help teachers learn to teach computer science.
- Licenses for Oracle’s industry leading software for use in teaching and not-for-profit course- or degree-related research.
- Rigorous, SCORM-compliant, standards-aligned academic curriculum in Java, database design, and SQL and PL/SQL programming.
- Professional development opportunities to help you teach Oracle Academy curriculum.
- Discounts on Oracle University courses, Oracle industry certification exams and preparation materials and Oracle Press Books.
- Oracle Academy self-study courses in Alice and Greenfoot, educational Java development environments.
- Software licenses for your personal learning use, via the Oracle Technology Network.
- Virtual Student Day events to learn about key computing topics and explore tech career resources.
- Data Science Bootcamps, video-based lecture series to introduce and provide hands on practice with data science and Big Data in the context of real-world problems.
- Oracle Academy Ask the Oracle Experts, an interactive webcast series on a variety of technology-related topics.
- Discounts on Oracle University courses, Oracle certification exams and prep materials, and Oracle Press Books.
Curriculum Goals and Objectives:
- Oracle Academy curriculum is available in iLearning.
- Prepares students for ORACLE Certification.
- After completing the Certification, students may join as Database Engineers⁄Database Administrators, JAVA Programmer, etc.
- Provides theoretical as well as the hands-on introduction to Java Programming, Database Design, Artificial Intelligence with Machine Learning in Java, Programming with PL/SQL, Database Foundation.
- Oracle University provides all certified candidates access to an eCertificate