Shree L. R. Tiwari College of Engineering boasts a well-equipped digital library with a vast collection of resources, including books, journals, and CDs. The library offers a collection of 21180 books of 4804 titles, 20 National & 13 International Journals, Additionally, there are 1,457 CDs and DVDs available for educational purposes. Students and faculty members can access the library for reference and research purposes. The institute has also subscribed to Springer Nature E-books and E-Journals, including 100 IT/CMPN Journals, 10 ETRX/EXTC Journals, and 4 Life time Subscription for CS. The library also provides NPTEL Video Lectures for advanced learning and upgrading of knowledge.
To maintain the sanctity of the library, all students and faculty members must follow a code of ethics. The library facilitates undergraduate and postgraduate students in their research work, with specific software installed on the computer systems to check for plagiarism. The library also issues books and journals freely to all students without any barriers. Overall, the digital library at Shree L. R. Tiwari College of Engineering is an excellent resource for students and faculty members to enhance their knowledge and academic excellence.
At SLRTCE, the central Library’s mission is to promote excellence in life-long learning and discovery through state-of-the-art educational services, resources, and technologies. The library strives to enhance the learning experience of its students, facilitate research activities, and engage students and staff in interdisciplinary environments. The library’s primary goal is to find and make available the most suitable resources for all users and build a complete collection of books and knowledge resources. Additionally, the library aims to provide a conducive environment for reading, learning, and research.
The goals and objectives
- Provide resources to support the academic curriculum
- Access to books and knowledge resources
- Collect library materials in all formats to meet the needs of SLRTCE programs
- Support teaching, training, research, and services
- Educate and assist students and staff in the effective use of information and knowledge resources
- Continuously update and strengthen all collections
- Upgrade infrastructure and technology to improve services
- Meet accreditation standards
- Ensure books and resources are accessible during college working days
- Continuously build library resources
- Enhance book collection and information literacy in the student community
Standard Operating Procedures
Purchase of New Books or Other Knowledge Resources:
- Departmental heads collect book requirements from department library coordinators.
- Librarian compiles and forwards the requirements to the head for approval.
- Quotations from different vendors are compared for the best price.
- Purchase request is prepared and sent for approval.
- Once approved, the list is submitted to the accounts department to check the library budget for the year.
- Books are procured and entered in the accession register and LMS.
- Books are placed in departmental racks and circulated through circulation desks.
Processing of Books/CDs/DVDs:
- Books are stamped with the college library stamp for identification.
- Books are placed in appropriate departmental shelves in the library.
- CDs/DVDs are placed in the technical section.
- E-resources are accessible to users through the e-library.
Procedure for borrowing of Books
- Books are issued to students for 15 days and faculty for 1 month.
- Renewal of books is allowed for students up to 3 times and faculty after 30 days from the issue date.
- Students can hold up to 4 books at a time, while faculty can hold up to 6 books.
- Library cards must be produced and scanned by LMS software for issuing or returning books.
- Fines will be charged at a rate of Rs 5/- per day for students and no fine for faculty.
- Maximum fine amount per book is Rs 200/-.
- Fine details are automatically calculated by the LMS software and displayed on the screen for the student before accepting the payment.
- Fine payments are accepted in cash, and manual receipts are issued to the card holder.
- The Librarian/Assistant Librarian is responsible for proper accounting of fine management.
- Collected fine amount is deposited in the Accounts department by the Circulation Staff at the end of each semester.
Dealing with Misplaced or Lost Books
Annual Stock Verification
- Annual Stock Verification will be initiated by the Principal in the beginning of every academic year.
- 100% physical checking of books will be done by the Librarian and the Library Assistant
- The report of stock verification will be generated and forwarded to principal
- The activities during Stock verification Committee will be:
- Stock Verification of Books
- Books purchased during the academic year
- E-resources procured during the year
- Periodicals prescribed during the year
- Details of fine collected and deposited during the academic year