OBJECTIVES OF ORACLE ACADEMY
- To advance computing education of the students as well as the faculties and increase knowledge, innovation, skills development, and diversity.
- To make the students proficient business analysts, technical experts in structured query language (SQL), and develop essential professional skills including teamwork, project management.
- To make students understand how to write basic Java applications and simple applets that include: code reusability, data encapsulation, dynamically downloadable program units, and architecturally neutral and platform-independent programs.
- To train students to examine business case studies and apply their technical knowledge and professional skills to develop online database applications.
Why Oracle Academy
Oracle Academy benefits offer educators and students computer science education resources to advance knowledge, skills development, innovation and diversity in technology fields like Java, database design, and SQL and PL/SQL programming. Oracle Academy membership costs nothing and offers individual learners, educators, and educational institutions access to world-class technology, expertly developed learning materials and curriculum, training and other resources. To be college and career ready, today’s students need computer science classes as part of their educational pathways. Educational Institutes know that delivering high quality education requires rigorous curriculum, engaging resources and skilled, trained, professional teachers. Oracle Academy offers a wide range of classroom courses, self-study instruction, workshops and resources.
Benefits of Oracle Academy :
- Free Oracle software licenses and MyOracle Support for teaching and not-for-profit, academic course-and degree-related research.
- A wide variety of engaging online learning resources that can be used by individuals or in a traditional or flipped classroom environment, including Oracle popular Ask the Oracle Experts webcast series and Big Data Science Bootcamps
- Added value with Self-Study courses suitable for use by educators and students like Alice, Greenfoot.
- Modern, hosted, academic full course curriculum in Java, database design, SQL and PL/SQL that is SCORM-compliant and aligned to national, regional, and international standards and Oracle industry certifications.
- An included assessment engine to make student evaluation and grading easy.
- Educator professional development courses delivered in a variety of formats to help teachers learn to teach computer science.
- Licenses for Oracle’s industry leading software for use in teaching and not-for-profit course- or degree-related research.
- Rigorous, SCORM-compliant, standards-aligned academic curriculum in Java, database design, and SQL and PL/SQL programming.
- Professional development opportunities to help you teach Oracle Academy curriculum.
- Discounts on Oracle University courses, Oracle industry certification exams and preparation materials and Oracle Press Books.
- Oracle Academy self-study courses in Alice and Greenfoot, educational Java development environments.
- Software licenses for your personal learning use, via the Oracle Technology Network.
- Virtual Student Day events to learn about key computing topics and explore tech career resources.
- Data Science Bootcamps, video-based lecture series to introduce and provide hands on practice with data science and Big Data in the context of real-world problems.
- Oracle Academy Ask the Oracle Experts, an interactive webcast series on a variety of technology-related topics.
- Discounts on Oracle University courses, Oracle certification exams and prep materials, and Oracle Press Books.
Curriculum Goals and Objectives:
- Oracle Academy curriculum is available in iLearning.
- Prepares students for ORACLE Certification.
- After completing the Certification, students may join as Database Engineers⁄Database Administrators, JAVA Programmer, etc.
- Provides theoretical as well as the hands-on introduction to Java Programming, Database Design, Artificial Intelligence with Machine Learning in Java, Programming with PL/SQL, Database Foundation.
- Oracle University provides all certified candidates access to an eCertificate
Courses & Exam Offerings under Oracle Academy:
Oracle Academy’s courses align to Oracle professional certifications offered through Oracle University, which means students & educators can demonstrate their database and Java knowledge and skills with a distinction that is recognized by IT professionals and industries. As a Oracle Academy Institutional Member APSIT students & educators are eligible for discounts discounts of 25 percent on Oracle certification exam vouchers.