Mechanical Engineering the oldest core branch of an Engineering has contributed to many innovations. The scope of Mechanical Engineering is vast. The development and advancement in technology has increased the importance of this field. Students are discovering a new found interest in learning about robotics, nanotechnology, cryogenics, 3D printing and so on which are still new with ample opportunities to explore.
Ongoing developments in technology have opened up new avenues for Mechanical Engineering. It has moved on from just manufacturing and testing of equipment and large machinery to robotics, CAD (Computer-aided design) aeromechanics, new materials, space engineering and many more. The most popular and highly sought-after domains are Mechatronics and Robotics. These two domains utilize a combination of the knowledge of Mechanical Engineering with other streams to deliver innovative and unique products. Skilled Mechanical engineers in modern times, are moving to diverse industries with high pay packets. It has been projected that very soon the demand for mechanical engineers will surpass the supply.
Mechanical Engineering touches our everyday life. It is present in healthcare, climate change, energy or transportation. Mechanical Engineers attempt to create sustainable solutions in these spheres through the design and development of components and machines.
Mechanical Engineering is one of those fields which is evergreen and is not subjected to any downturn during economic recession. It has a global importance and extends beyond geographical boundaries. There are innumerable opportunities in this field and upon successful completion of this course the various avenues for employment exist in the following areas
- Automobile sector
- Aerospace industry
- Railway coach factories
- Chemical manufacturing plants
- Research and development field
- Oil exploration sector
- Power generation
- Air conditioning and Refrigeration field
- Food Industries
- Heat exchangers
- Other manufacturing companies
- Along with the above mentioned field Mechanical Engineers are highly demanded for the operation and coding of Ansys , Python C++ ,JAVA etc.
- Fly High with Higher
- StudiesAutomobile Engineering.
- Industrial Engineering.
- Thermal Engineering.
- Product Design and Development.
- Computer Integrated Manufacturing.
- Manufacturing Engineering.
- Material Technology.
- Engineering Design.
Hydrocarbon exploration (also known as oil and gas exploration) is the search for hydrocarbon resources in the Earth by petroleum geologists and geophysicists, primarily petroleum and natural gas.
- Research experience makes a difference Yes, a PhD is a terrific way to show that you’ve had a taste of research, but any employer – large or little – will want to verify your claim to be able to operate independently. PhD is only a tepid entrance into research activity, frequently under the watchful eye of your fortunate adviser.
- Projects with Industry R&D Groups As we all know, R&D consists of two parts: research and development. The majority of academic research is predicated on investigating open-ended problems with no hard deadlines looming. Industry research, on the other hand, is frequently inspired by the “Development” of something novel in order to gain a competitive advantage. In this regard, having firsthand knowledge of how industry R&D works is beneficial. Prior short-term research stints during graduate school summers can help you achieve this.
- Publications and Citations Industry R&D workers may not have the same research interests as you. This makes the usually accepted academic reputation, which is based on years of collaboration, conference attendance, and other activities that bring academic scholars together, a little difficult to judge within the business circle. The quality of research publications, particularly how well they have been regarded in the scientific community – citations – is one of the more objective standards of evaluation for persons hiring into R&D.
- Working your way up within the Industry Another option is to get a scientific job at a company with an R&D division, such as in engineering, and then use your time there to start various scientifically oriented projects aiming at process or quality improvements. These kind of activities can help you progress laterally through departments, bringing you closer to the R&D division. With enough experience, a strong network, and consistent effort toward such efforts, you can gain interviews with the R&D department and possibly gain admittance.
Google, like Microsoft, employs mechanical engineers to develop its specialised technologies. Employees rate Google’s CEO with a 94 percent approval rating, praising the company for being well-regarded and deserving of the attention it receives.