Department Of Civil Engineering
|Course Details||AICTE Approved Bachelor of Engineering (B.E.) Affiliated to Mumbai University|
|Year of establishment||2012-13|
|Program offered||4 years B.E. (Civil Engineering)|
|No. of batches graduated||4|
|Number of Labs||10|
|Number of Class rooms||4|
|Publications||No. of Faculty members||Number of Publications|
To work towards academics, research and placement thus enabling the Institute to be a global centre of excellence for creating highly successful alumni in Civil Engineering who contribute to the profession in the global society.
- To provide excellent education producing technically competent, globally employable civil engineers who will be the leaders in the chosen field.
- To empower teachers to perform the role of change-makers in society and to dedicate themselves to the enhancement of quality teaching by continuous up gradation of their knowledge. This will improve their awareness about the latest developments in their fields of specialization.
- To undertake research in conventional and advanced technologies, fulfilling the needs and challenges of modern society.
- To impart soft skills, leadership qualities and professional ethics among the graduates to handle projects independently.
- To encourage students to pursue higher education and take competitive exams and various career enhancing courses
- To provide consultancy services and develop partnerships with society, industry and public organizations.
- To organize seminars, conferences, symposia, and continuing education programmes for academic and field community.
Civil engineering is becoming more and more important with time.Civil engineers design major construction projects, such as roads, airports, tunnels, dams and bridges. They also supervise project construction and maintenance. They must possess a very broad skill set, from cost accounting to geology. Many civil engineers have jobs that require a very hands-on role in construction, while others may have positions more heavily weighted toward supervisory and administrative skills. They are often called upon to present reports to the public or government officials. Whatever the details of their role, civil engineers must often manage very complex projects, leading many to specialize in one of several areas.
The department has an excellent infrastructure and is AICTE approved. It has several sub-sections including environmental engineering, geotechnical engineering, structural engineering, transportation engineering, water resources engineering, materials engineering, Hydraulics and Fluid Mechanics, surveying, and construction engineering.
Shree L.R. Tiwari College of Engineering, offers a four year undergraduate program in Civil Engineering affiliated to University of Mumbai, approved by AICTE and recognized by DTE, Maharashtra.