- Vocational and skill enhancement courses (VSEC): Value added/Skill enhancement cell of the Institute works forstrengthening the technical skills, vocational skills and soft skills of the students through various cources.Training and Placement cell of the institute has tie ups with various educational industries such as IBM, Edunet, Voisetcwhich will be useful for industry- academia linkage and will help to increase the employability of students. Institute has also initiated Bachelor of Vocational (BVoc.) degree course in Blockchain and cyber security.
- Internship/ Field Project: As per AICTE internship policy, the institute has made internship mandatory for all students. Every year students must complete a minimum of 120 hours of internship activity. Internship can be in-house/outside. Hence opportunities are created for in-house internships.
- Choice of Major and Minors: SLRTCE now offers Honours and Minors in 13 emerging areas such as Cybersecurity, Blockchain, IOT, Data Science, Green Technology and Sustainable Engineering, Infrastructure Engineering, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, 3D Printing, and Robotics
- Academic Bank of Credits (ABC): The Institution is registered under ABC. All the admitted students for the academic year 2022-2023 and 2023-2024 have registered for ABC.
- Appropriate integration of the Indian knowledge system: The syllabus for the student introduction program that SLRTCE offers includes the Indian system of knowledge’s universal human values. Through the practice of art forms including dance, drama, music, painting, ceramics, and sculpture, the student induction program syllabus involves helping students gain a clear understanding of humanistic culture and its creative, joyous expression. Case studies from the local, national, and worldwide levels, particularly those involving Indian knowledge systems, languages, cultures, and values are included in the program. SLRTCE has UHV-certified faculties to conduct the course. Faculties are motivated to conduct at least one lecture in a local language. In courses such as Natural Language Processing, experiments are also conducted in Indian languages (Hindi and Marathi) in the institution.
- Focus on Outcome-based education:SLRTCE has adopted a learning outcome-based approach to curriculum planning and development. Teaching Learning and assessment methods are based on key qualification descriptors and graduate attributes given by NHEQ. As part of outcome-based education, we need to measure the outcomes of all courses. This is done through assessment of students learning. Examination is a direct assessment tool for calculating the attainment and carries 80% weightage. Based on this syllabus designed by the University of Mumbai, the Program level CO-PO matrix (Course Articulation Matrix) is designed by faculty members using the unique technique of Performance Indicators given in the AICTE Examination Reform Policy.
- Interdisciplinary approach:To attain multidisciplinary research endeavors, we have conducted faculty development programs (FDP) that cater to the different fields in the industry, such as Python for Mechanical engineering, Embedded Systems, IOT, Machine learning, Web technology, Mathematics, etc. Presently, 13 interdisciplinary domains are working to achieve technical excellence for the students and faculties. Various activities are conducted under each domain to provide students with different platforms and a large number of opportunities to contribute positively to technological advancement, as well as to develop some innovative and creative market-ready projects for the benefit of society. The first task of the domain team is to orient students to take part in different activities conducted by these domains.
Curriculum Planning and Implementation:
- Disha Manual: The challenge faced by the college is to align all academic and administrative activities based on 3 different accreditation bodies – NAAC, NIRF, and NBA. Hence, the College has designed an Academic and Administrative Manual, “Disha”, to combine activities and avoid their duplication. It includes strategies for institutionalizing all administrative and academic processes with quality assurance. Every activity in the manual is divided into a Plan Do Check and Act (PDCA) cycle, which guides the entire process and also provides a path of improvement for the next cycle
- Academic Calendar: The Institute creates a single academic calendar that incorporates all departmental activity and follows the University’s academic calendar. Due to a single academic calendar at the institute level, there is enhanced student interdisciplinary participation as per NEP 2020.
- Competency Matrix: The matrix includes a list of skills (proficiency) possessed by faculty to teach a particular subject.
- The institution takes all possible initiatives to make students industry-ready with recent technical knowledge, especially in emerging areas of technology. In this direction, Honors and Minor Degree Programmes are introduced and implemented with a positive spirit at the institution as per AICTE guidelines. There is a provision for students to choose a specialized course in the emerging areas of their choice.
- To provide the latest technical knowledge to the students, the institution has employed some strategies and modernizations in the teaching-learning process, demarcating it from the conventional system. Students can undergo external/in-house internships. As the out-house internship is not available for the majority of students, the institution has initiated a system of providing equal opportunities for all students by providing in-house internships. For the department, the attainment of the internship policy is judged by the number of students’ enrolments from other departments.
Teaching learning and evaluation
- Open House: Any grievance related to internal assessment is addressed in an Open House. It has been observed from the official record that no grievance is recorded regarding the conduct and evaluation of internal examinations
- Innovative ICT Padelogy initiative in which Course outcomes of each subject were mapped to NDLI learning resources
Research Innovation and Extension:
- The cryptocurrency investigation lab is set up in association with Lab Systems, intending to support law enforcement agencies. It attributes live Bitcoin transactions that, of course, usher a worthwhile scope for the learners to be an intern at various agencies/ industries. The Cryptocurrency Lab at SLRTCE is equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. It is set up to provide hands-on learning experiences. The predicted upshots of cryptocurrency labs are the attainment of practical knowledge, developing skills in operating blockchain technology, and attaining the know-how of cryptocurrency’s intricacies which help students shape their future in the world of digital currencies. A Live Bitcoin Node set up by SLRTCE at Gujrat is the next remarkable initiative featuring the institution’s portrayal of its distinctiveness towards technological advancements. Besides, SLRTCE is also hosting a center of training for Cloud Computing and Blockchain for Indian navy officers.
- The institution has also set up a Forensic Science Lab as an academic partner to support companies.
- The institution is one of the booming organizations in adopting technical pinnacles in the educational realm. It has collaborated with the IIT Bombay FOSSEE Project to conduct workshops on Open Source technologies.
- To promote innovation and spur economic growth, technological corporations, academic institutions, and governmental organizations frequently build development centers. The institution has a development center. It comprises a team within an entity that is specifically dedicated to the advancement of noble methods, protocols, and innovations. A team of subject specialists from diverse fields executes all the activities of the development center. The development center provides the trainees with a workstation where they can partake in the ongoing initiatives. It increases the opportunities for the students to get involved in internships, thus providing a solid technical knowledge base for various cutting-edge technologies that businesses need. The industry-relevant initiatives based on hardware or software and consultancies to businesses and other academic institutions are some other unique features of the development center.
Governance, Leadership and Management:
- The institute has adopted the AICTE 360-degree feedback appraisal system which covers various components such as the Teaching Process, Students’ feedback, Participation in Departmental and Institutional Activities, Research, Annual Confidential Report (maintained at the institutional level), and Contribution to Society. To improve the efficiency of the 360-degree feedback the college has made minor changes to the AICTE format, such as the addition of components like Research and Publications. The institute is considerate and appreciative if the faculty voluntarily takes a new subject in an emerging area.
- As per the Faculty Empowerment Strategy criteria of NAAC and NEP 2020, departments are conducting multi-disciplinary faculty development programs. Generally, faculties from outside are called to conduct lectures and workshops in FDP. But here at SLRTCE faculties are encouraged to prepare and conduct related sessions to increase their domain knowledge. This helps empower the faculties in conducting research, publishing scholarly articles, and presenting them at conferences. The Institute also encourages faculties to join professional associations and engage in collaborative projects outside of their departments.
- The budget forecasting begins from the fee regulation authority with anticipated revenue income for planning the expenditure for the current academic year. SLRTCE being a self-financed institution, obtains most of its funds through the collection of tuition fees from the students admitted for UG and PG programmes. The prediction of the expected revenue is based on current and previous year revenue projections. The process of drafting the budget consists of inviting budget proposals from heads of departments, section in-charges, activity heads, and the administrative staff. Reverse engineering calculation is carried out based on revenue and FRA guidelines for planning salary and non-salary expenditures. The draft budget is discussed and suggestions are taken in General Body meetings. After incorporating the suggestions the budget is approved
Infrastructure and Learning Resources:
- Recourse Sharing:As a part of NEP 2020, college labs need to be aligned to support interdisciplinary research. Presently the departments are working in silos and because of that many duplication ofresources were identified. For example, the DBMS lab in the computer department, ECS department, and IT department are maintained separately. Keeping in mind the AICTE norms for the numberof labs per department and reviewing the silos working of the department, the department can sharethe resources with the other department. With this initiative, we could broaden our lab set-upincluding multiple domains and avoiding duplication. This will also facilitate optimized laboratory utilization and new resource creation.
Student Support and Progression:
- Our institute is looking forward to enhancing its processes with the support of eminent alumni and expert professors. The Training and Placement cell has a Placement Advisory board consisting of various eminent alumni members. This board will help in the improvement of the performance of students for placements.
- On 15 September 2022, the entire world witnessed the historic “Ethereum merge” which promises massive environmental and sustainable Blockchain. Now all the students of SLRTCE can benefit from this technology by uploading Transcripts on Ethereum Blockchain. Any University or Organization in the world that needs to verify the Transcript will visit the college website for online digital verification.
Institute Values and Practices:
- At SLRTCE, all departments have their technical domains. Most of the domains are working independently to strengthen the department by adding the latest information through conducting a large number of activities. There are six departments in the college and thirteen interdisciplinary domains at the institute level. Each department has ownership of two domains whereas one domain is from the department of humanities and applied science. A specific domain team consists of one domain in charge from the department having ownership of the domain and a group of 5-6 faculties as domain experts from other departments. The first task of the domain team is to orient students to take part in different activities conducted by these domains The domain team also conducts one in-house internship (Task/project-based training) to train interested students in a particular domain.
- Their achievements and contributions are recorded in the student diary. The institution has initiated the concept of Student Diary to acknowledge the achievements of students in escalating extension activities. The credits are assigned for in-house internships and other activities conducted by different committees. Student Diary is a student’s portfolio for non scholastic activities. It displays the individual capabilities and potential of the student. Besides, it adds worth to an individual’s profile