Message from Dean R&D
- Our college has registered under the Institution’s Innovation Council (IIC) under Ministry of Education (MoE), Govt. of India, ‘MoE’s Innovation Cell (MIC)’ to systematically foster the culture of Innovation amongst all Higher Education Institutions (HEIs)
- Dr. Anju Arya, Mr. Rajesh Gaikwad, Ms. Tanvi Thakur and, Dr. Fahad Usmani have Successfully completed Innovation Ambassadors training under IIC (Institute of Innovation Council).
- Dr. Anju Arya awarded & appreciated with Global Teacher award 2020, for incredible teaching skill, Unstoppable spirit and, remarkable work & contribution in the field of Education.
Shree L.R. Tiwari College of Engineering (SLRTCE) has a dedicated Research and Development Office to cater the development of a research ecosystem and impart the research based teaching learning practices in the Institution.
It is focused to facilitate SLRTCE research fraternity to execute their research activities in a seamless manner and showcase their research work through the different competitions. The institution gives immense importance to train the students to generate technologically sound manpower. Students and faculties conduct various research activities which include publications in international and national conferences and Journals, book publications, patents, project competition, idea competition, organization of conference/workshops/seminars in emerging areas of science and engineering.
To further strengthen the research structure the research partnership with the industry is built up. We aim to strive for excellence in academic research and engineering development.
Department of R&D also aims to inculcate the spirit of entrepreneurship in the young mind of the students and create a zeal amongst the students who wish to pursue entrepreneurship as a career. Department of R&D provides training to the student to foster the culture of and entrepreneurship and innovation to create a complete ecosystem.
I welcome you all in SLRTCE to be a part of our endeavor to offer you an excellent platform to actively participate in Research, Innovation and Invention activities while pursuing your BE, ME and Ph.D degrees.
- Organizing National and International Conferences
- Organizing Short Term Training Programs and workshops
- Establishing linkages with other Institutes / Labs / Organizations (such as SAMEER, ISRO, BARC etc.) for projects
- Arranging seminars on paper presentation techniques for faculty and students, designed to meet international standards
- Inculcate the concept of research among students & staff by arranging paper presentation competitions
- Encourage publication of research articles by sending deserving entries to journals
- Identifying members of the faculty who have an orientation towards research activities.
- Scrutinize and guide student projects (BE / ME) and suggest measures to develop the projects into a viable Research Projects
- Facilitate submission of project reports to AICTE / UGC / DRDO to facilitate funding, fetch grants etc.
- In the year 2011 our Institute has joined the club of National Program on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL), an initiative by IIT & IISc. This has facilitated the library with more than 250 course videos prepared by IIT & IISc academicians
- The ‘Teach 1000 Teachers’ programme was initiated by IIT Bombay in 2009 under the project, ‘Empowerment of Students/Teachers’ sponsored by National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology NMEICT (MHRD, Govt. Of India). The aim of this programme is to work with Engineering Colleges in the country to enhance the teaching skills of faculty colleagues in core Engineering and Science subjects. SLRTCE was selected as the Western Nodal Centre for the same
- Shree L R Tiwari College of Engineering is recognized as Remote Centre for IIT Bombay (Institute Code: 1306)
- Recognized AAKASH centre of IIT
Resource Centre of IIT Bombay
The Spoken Tutorial project is the initiative of the ‘Talk to a Teacher’ project of the National Mission on Education through Information and Communication Technology (NMEICT), launched by MHRD, Govt of India, in association with IIT Bombay. The idea is to teach software in a language that the learner is comfortable in.
Shree L R Tiwari College of Engineering is recognized as Resource Centre for IIT Bombay to achieve the goal so that the spoken tutorials be used to teach any free and open source software in any language and to any difficulty level learner – Beginner, Intermediate or Advanced.